UDK 33 Экономика. Экономические науки
The article introduces some PR-promotion opportunities for the greenhouse complex of the Tauride Garden (St. Petersburg), which provides a unique historical platform for recreational activities and leisure time. The research featured PR-promotion techniques that can be employed by organizations of leisure and recreation, especially when targeting foreign audience. The author defined key characteristics inherent to leisure organizations and the features of their PR-promotion. The paper contains a SWOT analysis, a review of media statistics, a search profile, and an analysis of the best foreign and Russian practices. The study also involved a survey conducted among foreign citizens visiting St.Petersburg, which made it possible to determine their awareness of the leisure opportunities offered by the Tauride Garden and assess the related level of satisfaction. The author proposes a number of recommendations for PR-promotion of the greenhouse complex of the Tauride Garden among foreign visitors.
public relations, foreign audience, media statistics, organization image, benchmarking, promotional events
1. Agee W. K., Kameron G. T., Ault Ph. H., Wilcox D. L. Essentials of Public Relations, tr. Elizarov V., Kachanova N., ed. Ivanova K. A. St. Petersburg: Piter, 2004, 558. (In Russ.)
2. Black S. Public relations. What is it? Moscow: Modino press, 1989, 240. (In Russ.)
3. Bernays E. L. Public Relations, tr. Aizenshtadt A. Moscow: VShE; Nikkolo M, 2019, 463. (In Russ.)
4. Smirnova V. S. Botanical Gardens of St. Peterburg and the Leningrad region. Kolpino readings on local lore and tourism: Proc. Interreg. Sci.-Prac. Conf. with Intern. Participation, St. Petersburg, 26 Mar 2019. St. Petersburg, 2019, pt. 2, 149–157. (In Russ.)
5. Arnautova E. M. History of the glasshouse collections of the Peter the Great Botanical Garden. Hortus botanicus, 2015, 10: 25–38. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.15393/j4.art.2015.3102
6. Rad'kova N. O. Theoretical aspects of mass media planning. Bulletin of Bryansk State Technical University, 2016, (5): 277–285. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.12737/article58f9c4da062a22.97116398
7. Artamonova D. E. An innovative approach to strategic planning of an advertising campaign. Sovremennye innovatsii, 2017, (6): 117–119. (In Russ.)
8. Lvova E. N. Media technologies of the contemporary cultural-pastime practices' in Saint-Petersburg: opportunities and limitations. Kultura i obrazovanie: nauchno-informatsionyi zhurnal vuzov kultury i iskusstv, 2020, (2): 108–114. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.24412/2310-1679-2020-10212
9. Bykov A. E. Aspekts of the communication process. Innovatsionnaia Nauka, 2020, (11): 89–91. (In Russ.)
10. Tarakanova T. S. Internet-communications in promoting social-oriented projects. PR and advertising technologies in modern society: Proc. All-Russian Sci.-Prac. Conf., St. Petersburg, 20 Mar 2018. St. Petersburg, 2018, 212–216. (In Russ.)
11. Green P. S. Winning PR Tactics: Effective Techniques to Boost Your Sales (Institute of Management). London: Pitman, 1994, 192.
12. Wilcox D. L., Nolte L. W. Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques, 2nd ed. N. Y.: HarperCollins, 1995, 514.
13. Arzhanova K. A., Dovzhik G. V., Iontseva M. V. Modern PR-technologies company promotion. Competentnost, 2020, (5): 30–36. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.24411/1993-8780-2020-10505
14. Maslova V. M. Creating and promoting a personal brand. Obrazovanie. Nauka. Nauchnye kadry, 2020, (2): 150–152. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.24411/2073-3305-2020-10089
15. Parygina N. N., Nevzgodina E. L. Goodwill and business reputation: comparative analysis. Vestnik Omskogo universiteta. Seriya: "Pravo", 2017, (4): 83–87. (In Russ.) DOI 10.25513/1990-5173.2017.4.83-87
16. Nesmelova A. K. Event marketing as a tool of staff involvement. Nauka i biznes: puti razvitiya, 2019, (6): 174–176. (In Russ.)
17. Pleshkova N. A., Nesmelova A. K. Development of events for consumers of water treatment equipment of "Akvafor-Marketing". Intellektual and resource potentials of the regions: activation and improvement of the efficiency of use: Proc. V All-Russian Sci.-Prac. Conf., Irkutsk, 16 May 2019, ed. Sukhodolov A. P., Danilenko N. N., Baeva O. N. Irkutsk: Baikalskii Gosudarstvennyi universitet, 2019, 396–401. (In Russ.)
18. Pleshkova N. A., Latkov N. Yu., Latkova E. V. Product positioning as a tool for improving the competitiveness of the organization. Konkurentnospobnost v globalnom mire: economika, nauka, tekhnologii, 2017, (10-3): 370–372. (In Russ.)
19. Markeeva A. V., Gavrilenko O. V. Digital platform as a new economic actor and new instance of social control. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta. Seriya 7. Filosofia, 2019, (5): 29–48. (In Russ.)
20. Scuba R. V. Consumer satisfaction – the basic indicator of marketing efficiency of the regional commercial organization. Moskovskii economicheskii zhurnal, 2020, (7): 451–457. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.24411/2413-046X-2020-10505
21. Pisareva E. V., Sergienko E. S. Basic management principles of the formation of consumer loyalty to brands of regional companies. Upravlenie, 2018, 6(3): 40–44. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.26425/2309-3633-2018-3-40-44